Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful November

Many people take the month of November to comment daily on different areas of their lives in which they are thankful.  This is not something that I choose to do, but strive to live my life in such a way outlined in Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  That said, I do appreciate many Facebook posts about what people are thankful for, and also that they acknowledge others publically.  

Sometimes events happen in our lives that bring to mind areas in which we should be thankful.  Whether it be someone's illness that makes us thankful for our health, someone's misfortune that makes us thankful for the good things in our life or something of the sort.  An event happened recently that causes me to remember to be thankful for the role that God has given me, as a Christian woman, wife, and mother.  I am so very thankful for the way God set up families, and for the way God organized His church.  I am thankful that eventhough I am to be submissive to my husband (Ephesians 5:22) that I am in no way less of a person than him.  I am thankful for a husband who loves me but who also know his responsibility for our family.  I am extremely thankful for God-fearing elders who keep a watch for my soul.  Hebrews 13:17 "Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as t hose who must give account.  Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you."  

Does the fact that God has placed both my husband and the church eldership "over me" make me any less of a person?  Any less valuable?  God has created these roles for my benefit, and I am so very thankful for that.  Our lives run much more smoothly when we are thankful for our roles, and when we follow according to their plan.  

Take a minute and listen to this song for a reminder to respect the roles God has given us, and to serve Him and above all, be thankful every day, not just in November.  

No comments:

Post a Comment