Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Joy of Being a Christian - part 6

The next several posts will be focusing on joy from the book of Philippians. 

I can have extraordinary joy as a Christian because the Lord is near to help me with my problems. 

Philippians 4:5 – “The Lord is at hand.” 

Philippians 4:9 “The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. 

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” 

Philippians 4:19 “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

What did Jesus say at the end of the great commission?  Matthew 28:20 “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  Jesus is with us everywhere!

We sing Anywhere with Jesus, I can safely go, anywhere He leads me in this world below – if we cling to Jesus and never let Him go, we can make it through any circumstance.  

Hebrews 13:5&6 “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  So we may boldly say:  The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?” 

Jesus knows our hurts and heartaches.  Psalm 56 was written when the Philistines had captured David in Gath.  Ps 56:8 “You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?”  Have you ever thought about God collecting your tears in a bottle?  Even those we’ve cried when no one knows of.  Rejoice!  The Lord is at hand!  He is nearby. 

Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning, Ps. 30:5

If your joy is in the material possessions and all the goods of the world can that be taken from you?  Yes, in a second!  If your joy is in Christ, THAT is secure.  No one can steal our joy … because if the world can steal our joy, it was the world’s to take.  We don’t sing Blessed Assurance with our fingers crossed!  We can have confidence not because of our own goodness, but because of God’s promises. 

When we are scared, and surrounded by darkness and troubles.  Our Father is there to hold us in the hollow of His hand. 


Christians can rejoice because Jesus is nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment