Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hurting People Hurt People

I haven't been a very good blogger yet again!  I think about it, have lots of ideas I'd like to write about, but between being a wife, mother, business owner, homeschooler, etc. it just gets put down on the list.  Today though, I logged onto my blog hoping to write about some good things hopefully to lift your day and encourage you and found a really ugly, hurtful comment left by "anonymous".  Ouch.

You know, in each of us is a bit of insecurity, and hurtful comments like the one I received just go right to the heart of my insecurities, and my things that I have been trying to improve.  It made me sad, but not for myself  but for anonymous.  I'm sad that anonymous couldn't leave her name.  I'm sad that anonymous  couldn't contact me directly and share her feelings about me so that we could work through them.  I'm sad that anonymous doesn't really know me, doesn't know my past, the things I've struggled with and the things I'm working daily to improve.  I'm sad that anonymous doesn't see the heart of this blog, and how if we could all ascribe to the Biblical teachings of the golden rule found in Matthew 7:12 we would be a happier people.  I'm sad that anonymous doesn't understand that to grow closer to God means we must grow closer to our Christian brothers and sisters.  I'm just reminded that hurting people at least try to hurt people.

So, dear anonymous, if you're reading this post, let's talk.  For everyone else, keep working daily at living the golden rule, putting God first in your life and being a light in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment