Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Opportunities

I have been blessed with the opportunity to teach the young teenage girls class for the past several months.  We've had an amazing study on our worship.  Wednesdays are a day I really look forward to every week!  The girl's insight, maturity and thoughts amaze me!  It's always my hope & prayer that they've gained a little, as I have gained a lot!

This weekend I have another opportunity to speak to a small group of women at a devotional breakfast.  I worked on my lesson today while waiting on a friend.  After Saturday, I'll type it up and put it on here, but I don't want any spoilers! 

Today I had another opportunity.  A young lady was complaining about not getting to go out for dinner on her birthday because she had to work.  She said she was angry with her boyfriend.  She proceeded to go on and on about it.  I finally caught her eye and said - the Bible tells us to not let the sun go down on our anger.  She went on to say that she can't help it.  When she gets angry (mad) she holds a grudge.  I told her that she can help it and needs to work on it every day. 

Not sure if my butting into her public conversation would make her pause to think or not.  Opportunities are all around us, and I hope you grab hold of the next one you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment